Controller Consultant Jobs
|Address||Atlanta, GA, United States|
|Category||Business Consulting and Services|
|Posted at||6 days ago|
RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations.
Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
- We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
- We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded.
- We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects aligning to their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team-based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
As a Controller Consultant, you will play a pivotal role in assisting clients in a variety of challenging projects and the delivery of effective financial processes and controls that support business objectives and operational needs.
ATTRIBUTES OF CONSULTANTS WITH RGP
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
- Respect for people and opinions and confidently offer your point-of-view with clients and among colleagues
- A strong personal identification with RGP's values - loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
- A drive for proactively cultivating relationships with clients and colleagues
- Optimism when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve client issues
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Manage the month-end accounting close, ensuring accurate and timely results that are in accordance with US GAAP requirements, review and analyze internal financial data to identify issues, opportunities and trends to provide business owners and senior leaders with financial data that will support decision making
- Lead people to implement change through coaching, training, and clear objective setting in order to meet the client’s short-term needs and long-term goals
- Work closely with Finance Directors and other key business leaders to provide support and drive financial objectives, make recommendations to support development of the company’s overall business strategy and act as a true business partner to the client’s leadership
- Install and maintain a proper control environment and culture to limit business risk and exposures.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related field required
- 10-plus years of professional experience in public accounting, related consulting and/or industry experience
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); SEC reporting experience is a plus. Experienced with general ledger accounting, month-end close, reconciliations, financial statements, and variance analysis
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, ability to build relationships and foster trust at all organizational levels
- Experience working with large ERP systems and advanced technical skills
- CPA, CMA, CFE, CIA preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Payroll Specialist Jobs
By Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. At McLean, VA, United States 4 seconds ago
Research And Data Entry Analyst
By Red Dog Media At Henderson, NV, United States 5 seconds ago
Mechanical Engineer Jobs
By Grace Federal Solutions,LLC At Durham, NC, United States 7 seconds ago
Associate In Education Improvement Services
By New York State Education Department At Brooklyn, NY, United States 1 minute ago
Office Assistant 1 (Stores/Mail)
By New York State Education Department At Batavia, IL, United States 1 minute ago